I hear it all the time…”I need to be realistic”…
What does being realistic mean? For most of my clients here’s what being realistic really means…
Being Realistic Really Means
- I will constrain my future with the same limitations I have right now
- I will limit my possibilities in the same ways most others in society do
- I will stop myself from dreaming too big
- I will give myself an excuse not to try
- I will continue my current conditions
- I will reject the aspirations of my heart and soul
Who needs realistic?
There is one important time to be realistic, and I’m just going to call it being real. Being honest and accurate about the current conditions that exist at this very moment. That is helpful. That is an empowering way to be realistic.
How can you be REAListic about the future? It isn’t real yet! All you are really doing by being realistic about the future is doing your best to make the future match your current real. That’s great if you don’t want any changes or improvements.
If you do want changes or improvements, forget about being realistic about anything else than what is real. This moment.
Michele specializes in working with high performers desiring better, easier results and greater fulfillment.
Learn more about coaching with Michele here:
Life, Career and Executive Coaching with Coach Michele
Coach Michele on Facebook
Executive Life Coaching
Latest posts by Coach Michele (see all)
- Lucid Dreaming, Lucid Living - May 31, 2022
- Example Coaching Conversation - November 11, 2021
- Susan Tedeschi’s “Put Another Log on the Fire” Guitar Solo - February 26, 2021