Last time I shared about my understanding of my Enneagram type, oh, about 7 years ago, I gave the qualification…I think!
But, having worked with myself and the Enneagram system for many years now, I am confident in my type of Enneagram Type 5w4.
I am happy to say that even close friends of mine are a little shocked. They feel I am more confident, engaged in the physical and present than might be expected from a 5.
But, what can I say? Evolution is a core value of mine, and I have worked (played) very hard (fun and rewarding) with several of the key evolution points for a 5:
- I have made physical activity a core of my life (jogging, belly dancing, biking)
- I enjoy a close partnership with an animal that, again, gets me present in my body and the moment
- I make sure that my personal needs are met, first and foremost, so that I am not greedy about my resources
- I challenge myself to transcend personal boundaries, and be relaxed with my time, space and self
- I have put greater and greater emphasis on presence in the moment and connection with others over my own reflections and insights (yet I still have incredible insights, hmm…)
- I abandon thoughtlines that evaluate my performance or social acceptability: I am what I am in any given moment and I am great with that!
My favorite site for learning more about the Enneagram is here. Enjoy the learning!
Michele specializes in working with high performers desiring better, easier results and greater fulfillment.
Learn more about coaching with Michele here:
Life, Career and Executive Coaching with Coach Michele
Coach Michele on Facebook
Executive Life Coaching
Latest posts by Coach Michele (see all)
- Example Coaching Conversation - November 11, 2021
- Susan Tedeschi’s “Put Another Log on the Fire” Guitar Solo - February 26, 2021
- Pain: Fair Warning - March 20, 2019