My Business/Your Business/The Universe’s Business
My Business: What I feel, think, say and do, and where I place my conscious focus
Your Business: What you feel, think, say and do
The Universe’s Business: EVERYTHING ELSE. Outcomes, results, happenings, events. Not under direct, snap-your-fingers-and-it-happens-without-fail human control. You may think this is God’s business, you may think this is the result of complex systems, you may think it is the winding down of a mechanistic universe, you may think it is the flow of evolution, you may think it is your Higher Self that does the actual reality creation’s business. Whoever or whatever you attribute it to, it is not your business!
The key to not being stressed is to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. That is also the only way to stay centered in your own wisdom, intuition and heart. That is the only way to stay in an effective frame of mind.
- If you are confused, you are outside of your own business.
- If you are offended, you are outside of your own business.
- If you are stressed, you are outside of your own business (usually in the Universe’s business).
- If you are self-conscious, you are outside of your own business.
- If you are experiencing co-dependency type issues, you are outside of your own business (in someone else’s business.)
- What someone else feels is NONE of your business.
- What someone else thinks is NONE of your business.
- What someone else does is NONE of your business.
- What someone else says is NONE of your business.
- Whether you get to work on time is NONE of your business. (It is your business to attempt to leave on time and drive safely.)
- Whether you get the job or not is NONE of your business. (It is your business to take smart actions.)
When you are mentally, emotionally or spiritually uncomfortable in any way, get back into your own business.
Inside My Control: My business
Outside My Control: Your business, the Universe’s Business
To apply this principle…Ask yourself anytime you are out of sorts…Am I in my business? Whose business is this? What is my business at this moment?
You can also make a list of the things that are bothering you, and determine for each item, whose business it falls under.
Michele specializes in working with high performers desiring better, easier results and greater fulfillment.
Learn more about coaching with Michele here:
Life, Career and Executive Coaching with Coach Michele
Coach Michele on Facebook