More and more, in my work with myself and my coaching work, I see how fundamental it is that we “trust the self.”
What I mean by this is that we trust our motives, we trust our capabilities, we trust our “goodness”, we trust that we are OK.
Here’s what trusting the self translates into:
– I trust that I know what to do, therefore I follow my urges and live in a natural way
– I trust that I can handle whatever comes up for me, therefore I stop resisting the events of life and engage with them in a positive fashion
– I trust that I am a “good” person, therefore I am willing to speak and be in truth with others. I am comfortable setting boundaries.
– I trust that I am a “good” person, therefore I am open to hearing/seeing/listening to my dreams, intuitions and other more subtle parts of myself
– I trust my body, therefore I am kind to it and give it positive instruction
– I trust that I am OK, therefore the events and people in my life are OK…I feel no need to judge, defend, resist
Get the idea? Do you see how a lot of these things come down to love for the self at a deep level?
You can work at these things piecemeal, or you can start loving yourself today and enjoy all the benefits that grow from being IN love.
Michele specializes in working with high performers desiring better, easier results and greater fulfillment.
Learn more about coaching with Michele here:
Life, Career and Executive Coaching with Coach Michele
Coach Michele on Facebook
Latest posts by Coach Michele (see all)
- You Are the Captain’s Eyes - October 26, 2017
- Enneagram -Type 5 with a 4 wing – I Know! - March 24, 2017
- Imagining Déjà Vu – A More Powerful Visualization Technique - March 16, 2017